Department of Commerce
The United States Department of Commerce is the Cabinet-level department of the United States government concerned with promoting economic growth.
The Department's Mission
The mission of the department is to "promote job creation and improved living standards for all Americans by creating an infrastructure that promotes economic growth, technological competitiveness, and sustainable development." Among its tasks are gathering economic and demographic data for business and government decision-making, issuing patents and trademarks, and helping to set industrial standards.
Operating Units within the Department of Commerce
- Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Economics and Statistics Administration (ESA)
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
- Bureau of the Census
- Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- International Trade Administration (ITA)
- Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Weather Service (NWS)
- Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps (NOAA Corps)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
- Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- Commerce.gov - Official U.S. Department of Commerce website.