Directories:Small Business Programs for Military Veteran Entrepreneurs
- 1 SBA Office of Veterans Business Development
- 2 SBA Programs and Resources for Veterans
- 3 Patriot Express Pilot Loan Initiative
- 4 Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- 5 Loans and Grants Search Tool
- 6 Operation Boots to Business: From Service to Startup
- 7 Office of Veterans Business Development
- 8 National Veterans Business Development Conference & Expo
- 9 SBA Resources for People with Disabilities
- 10 See also
Recent SmallBusiness.com posts
SBA Office of Veterans Business Development
The mission of the U.S. Small Business Administrations Office of Veterans Business Development is to maximize the availability, applicability and usability of all administration small business programs for Veterans, Service-Disabled Veterans, Reserve Component Members, and their Dependents or Survivors.
- External links:
- SBA Office of Veterans Business Development website.
- Directory of District Veterans Business Development Officers - Each SBA district office has such and officer. This map/directory will help you locate one nearby.
SBA Programs and Resources for Veterans
Patriot Express Pilot Loan Initiative
This initiative is for veterans and members of the military community who want to establish or expand a small business.
Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loans
This provides funds to eligible small businesses to meet operating expenses that can't be met due to an essential employee being called to active duty.
Loans and Grants Search Tool
Many states and other organizations also provide loans to veterans. This search tool assists in looking for such programs in your state.
Operation Boots to Business: From Service to Startup
Office of Veterans Business Development
This provides access to training, counseling and assistance.
National Veterans Business Development Conference & Expo
This annual conference focuses on veteran small businesses and federal procurement opportunities.
SBA Resources for People with Disabilities
This offers information about starting, financing and running a small business aimed at disabled persons, including service-disabled veterans.
Veterans Business Outreach Program
The Veterans Business Outreach Program (VBOP) is an SBA-backed program designed to provide entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling and mentoring, and referrals for eligible veterans owning or considering starting a small business. The SBA has eight organizations participating in this cooperative agreement and serving as Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOC).
- External link:
- Veterans Business Outreach Programs (VBOP) - Information about the program and a directory of the eight programs.
The Center For Veterans Enterprise (CVE)
The mission of the Veterans Administrations Center for Veterans Enterprise is to improve the business climate for veterans, to minimize access barriers and to inform the public about the benefits of working with veteran-owned small businesses. The service can be of assistance to veteran-runned businesses who seek to sell services and products to the government as it provide "acquisition teams" that offer procurement coaching, free market research, awareness briefings and awards for noteworthy achievements.
- External link: VetBiz.gov - Center for Veterans Enterprise website
Entrepreneurship Bootcamps for Vets with Disabilities (EBV)
The Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV) is a week-long free program provided by university business schools that offers cutting edge, experiential training in entrepreneurship and small business management to soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines disabled as a result of their service supporting operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. Schools participating: UCLA Anderson School of Management, Florida State University College of Business, Mays Business School at Texas A&M, and the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University.
- Note: This directory is specifically about governmental and non-profit programs for military veterans who want to start and run a business. Please do not add links to commercial services related to this topic.