Small business research resources
U.S. Government Data Sources (Recurring)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S.
- Census Bureau, U.S.
- Federal Reserve System, U.S.
- Internal Revenue Service, U.S.
- Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, U.S.
- The Small Business Economy: A Report to the President
- Quarterly Indicators: The Economy and Small Business
- Small Firm Lending Studies
- State and Territory Small Business Economic Profiles
- Regulatory Research
- Research on Owner Demographics (women, minorities, veterans, etc.)
- Advocacy Working Paper Series
- Chronological List of Other Advocacy Research Reports
- Research Resources, SBA
Non-Government Data Sources (Recurring)
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Small Business Journals
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
- International Small Business Journal
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship
- Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance and Business Ventures
- Journal of Business Venturing
- Journal of Small Business Management
- Small Business Economics
Small Business Research Organizations
- Center for Women’s Business Research
- NFIB Research Foundation
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Entrepreneurship Research
- Kauffman-RAND Center for Study of Small Business and Regulation
- National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper Series
- Papers in Economics
- Social Science Research Network
- The World Bank's Doing Business Project
- Directories link policy - Please add helpful, accurate links to this directory. If this is your first time adding a link to a SmallBusiness.com directory, please read this. (Includes how-to instructions.)
- Frequently asked questions about small business in the US